Enter your email for the Weekly Great Deal
RichardSolo 1800 with Cable
Your satisfaction is guaranteed, with our 30-day return privilege. We even email you a prepaid
return label, to make exchanges easy, or if you would like a refund for any reason. All items ship
to U.S. ZIP codes, with no sales tax if shipped outside California.
Sorry, but this item is now sold out, and will NOT be back in stock in the future.
$20.00 (40 %)
- Product SKU: RS008
For iPhone 2G/3G/3GS/4/4S and all iPod (except shuffle)
"I love my iPhone 3G! It is the best personal gadget I’ve ever owned. However, my battery
begins to run out, towards the end of the day. And you can run out of juice if you are traveling, or
in an airport.
Now we're introducing our newest backup battery, using Apple’s proprietary connector in a cable
model: the rechargeable RichardSolo 1800 Battery — just plug it in, and it begins to charge
There’s nothing quite like it. It has 1800 mAh of capacity, which is enough to completely charge
your iPhone or iPod, and have reserve power left over. This model is similar to our RS001, except that
we designed this model to only work with the cable. That is perfect if you have an iPod touch also, as
it allows you to listen to music while you are charging, since it does not cover the earbud port.
In the kit, you get a complimentary 100-240V, 50-60Hz AC Wall charger, and also a dual-USB car charger,
and a retractable USB cable. So you can charge it at the wall, in your car, from your computer, and you
can charge them both at the same time. Connect the RichardSolo to the iPhone, then connect the RichardSolo
to the charger, and charge both with one charger.
At night, snap the battery and iPhone together, and charge them both overnight with our charger. You’ll
wake up in the morning with both fully charged. When you travel, you don’t need the Apple charger.
Just take this one.
Of course, it works for all models of iPhone (2G/3G/3GS/4/4S) and iPod, except for iPod shuffle. Compatible with iPhone 5, only if you have the Lightning to 30 pin adapter.
This is a great accessory to keep with you all the time. There are three color LED lights to show you the
status of the charge. And if all that were not enough, enjoy the built-in ultra-bright LED flashlight,
and also the built-in laser pointer; your cat will be entertained for hours!" — Richard
Examiner : "It works great, is well made, and has lots of extras. Best of all, we don’t have to worry about losing the use of our iPhone or BlackBerry."
Nexedzero : Product review video
Just Another Geek Site : "The feature I like the best is that because it attaches via a power cord, and not a direct connection, you can use it regardless of the case you use."
- Compatible with iPhone 2G/3G/3GS/4 and all iPod models (except shuffle). Provides uninterrupted listening for
iPod touch users (cable does not block the earphone port) Compatible with iPhone 5, only if you have the Lightning to 30 pin adapter.
- Gives you more than double the battery time
- Small and lightweight for pocket, purse or briefcase
- High-quality plastic case is light and durable
- Ultra-bright LED white flashlight built-in, with on/off switch (flashlight lasts over 100 hours when
battery is fully charged!)
- Red laser pointer built-in, with on/off switch
- Fits easily to any iPhone case
- Environmentally sensitive packaging
- Begins to charge your Apple device immediately
- Complete kit includes Mini-USB to Apple connector cable, USB retractable charging cable, USB dual-port car charger, and USA AC adapter [100-240V, 50-60Hz] wall charger (works with any international plug adapter — click here to see adapters)
- USB retractable cable connects Smart Backup Battery directly to computer's USB port, car charger, or AC wall adapter for convenient charging
- Charge the Smart Backup Battery and iPhone / iPod together (the iPhone / iPod will charge first and then the backup
battery — the next morning both are completely charged)
- Lithium-ion technology does not develop "memory" so you can charge often
- Smart, automatic on/off charging technology protects the battery from overcharging
- Advanced circuitry keeps battery cool to touch
- Blue, green, red LEDs indicate charging status
- One-year warranty from RichardSolo.com
- 1800mAh polymerized lithium-ion battery
- Richard Solo Battery itself is charged to 100% in about 5 hours or less
- Output: DC 5V +/- 0.25V
- Output current: 500mA
- Battery weighs: 2.3 oz. [67.6 gm]
- Battery measures: 2" x 7/16" x 4 3/8" [5.3 x 1.3 x 11.2 cm]
- Mini-USB to Apple connector cable measures: 20.5" [52 cm]
- Extended USB retractable charging cable measures: 29" [73 cm]
- Operating temperature: 32 to 95ºF [0 to 35ºC]
- Storage temperature: 14 to 113ºF [-10 to 45ºC]
- 1800 mAh battery
- Mini-USB to Apple connector cable
- USB retractable charging cable
- USB dual-port car charger
- USA AC adapter [100-240V, 50-60Hz] wall charger
- Instruction Manual
Summary of tips for longer battery life
Lithium-ion batteries, including the RichardSolo Smart Backup Battery are good for approximately 300 charge/discharge cycles. A "charge/discharge" cycle generally consists of an extended charging period, and an extended discharging period. A quick charge, listening to your iPod for 30 minutes, and charging again, for example, does not constitute a full "charge/discharge cycle", but is a portion of one complete cycle which means you will have more than 300 total charge/discharge cycles.
Also, many, many factors affect how much you get out of each charge, as well as how long the battery will last overall. The main factors include charging patterns, the routine amount of discharge (i.e., Do you use it until it dies? Use it for an hour or two and recharge?), temperature, storage, usage frequency, etc. Lithium-ion batteries do not take kindly to frequent complete discharges. When possible, the optimal usage pattern — for any lithium ion battery — is a partial discharge, followed by recharging. A partial discharge can be anything less than a full discharge. However, an occasional full discharge is desirable (e.g., once every 30 charges) to calibrate the battery.
Lithium-ion batteries do not significantly degrade, or develop "memory", even if charged at irregular intervals; irregular charging is acceptable. An iPod, or a RichardSolo Smart Backup Battery can also safely be attached to external power for extended periods of time. (For extremely extended periods of time, such as months, the battery will essentially be the same as if it were not in use. Lithium-ion batteries do not store well for extended periods of time at full charge. However, there is no way around this under these circumstances.) When possible, use the AC wall adapter for extended charging, rather than the USB cable attached to your computer.
"Made for iPod" means that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards.
"Works with iPhone" means that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPhone and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards.
"iPod" is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards.